It is essential that everybody working in Newbridge Primary School understands their safeguarding responsibilities.
The purpose of Newbridge Primary School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy found here is to ensure every child who is a registered pupil at our school is safe and protected from harm. This means we will always work to:
- Protect children and young people at our school from maltreatment
- Prevent impairment of our children’s and young people’s mental and physical health or development
- Ensure that children and young people at our school grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Undertake our roles so as to enable children and young people at our school to have the best outcomes
- Ensure that children are protected from hazards associated with being at school
Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) is statutory guidance that schools in England must have regard to when carrying out their duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. It can be found here.